lookp up stage - fatal error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vij
Participant

lookp up stage - fatal error

Post by vij »

Hi all,

have a nice day!

I am beginner in DataStage. I got follwing fatal errors wen i used the lookup stage.

-Lookup_3,0: Failed a keylookup for record.

Lookup_3,2: Failed a keylookup for record.

Lookup_3,1: Failed a keylookup for record.

Lookup_3,0: the runLocally() of operator [APT_LUTProcessOp in Lookup_3], partition 0 of 3, processID 6294 on node1 failed.

Lookup_3,1: the runLocally() of operator [APT_LUTProcessOp in Lookup_3], partition 1 of 3, processID 6288 on node2 failed.
Lookup_3,0: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk
Lookup_3,1: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk
Lookup_3,2: the runLocally() of operator [APT_LUTProcessOp in Lookup_3], partition 2 of 3, processID 6289 on node3 failed.
Lookup_3,2: Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk
main_program: Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
Unexpected exit status 1
main_program: Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

I have used the key fields from both primary and refernce link, to find a macth.I have used an entire partition in the lookup stage.

pls let me know the problem and how to solve it.

Thanks
Vij
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your "failed lookup" rule is set to "Fail". Change it to one of the other three values. If you select "Output" you will need to construct a reject output link.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vij
Participant

Post by vij »

ray.wurlod wrote:Your "failed lookup" rule is set to "Fail". Change it to one of the other three values. If you select "Output" you will need to construct a reject output link. ...
Hi Ray, ur reply was useful.thanks for the same