Lookup Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lookup Stage

Post by Raftsman »

Has anyone ever experienced a lookup that matches the criteria and the values do NOT get changed. For some reason the source is carried to the target. I used a reject on the lookup stage but it never get triggered. I assume the match is working. Is there an easier way to debug this. I have Peek stages throughout the routine and still no answers.

Thanks
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Lookup Stage

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Raftsman wrote:Has anyone ever experienced a lookup that matches the criteria and the values do NOT get changed. For some reason the source is carried to the target.
Can you elaborate a bit. I dont think the values are supposed to change in any lookup. its just a matching where the matched records will be carried forward without any change.

Please give us examples of issue you facing.
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Lookup values are:

FieldA = Code_Table.FieldB

If match

move Code_Table.Desc to Target.FieldA

What I am trying to accomplish is Source FieldA contains IBQ and I want to change it to the code table value in the target field

I.e. Source FieldA = IBQ change it to the code table desc value
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Check if you are mapping the right field to the target in output tab (lookup stage).

Second case is that maybe your lookup is not working. but then if your mapping was right, then you should have seen a NULL in field A for failed lookups. Since you see the original values, check if you are doing the right mapping