The passion of writing PX Routine, not paying off

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sanket_Saraph
Participant

The passion of writing PX Routine, not paying off

Post by Sanket_Saraph »

Hi DS Gurus,

I have written a simple PX routine.
For this I wrote simple C code which just returns simple int value.
Then compiled the code with gcc & created the object file.

Now when I am calling that routine from a PX transformer, getting following compilation error :cry:

Transformer_221: Failed to load the library "V0S221_PXRoutine_Transformer_221.so"; either the directory containing the library file

is not on the library search path, or the library was compiled on a system

that is incompatible with this system: Could not load "V0S221_PXRoutine_Transformer_221": ld.so.1: osh: fatal: relocation error: file /home_new/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/NPM2PXDEV1/RT_BP2947.O/V0S221_PXRoutine_Transformer_221.so: symbol __1cLTestSanket16F_i_: referenced symbol not found.

Please share your suggestions and experiences on the same 8) .

Thanks in advance,
Sanket...
seanc217
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by seanc217 »

Try to compile it as an object and not a shared object. I could never get .so files to work, but I got .o files to work.

Hope this helps.
clshore
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by clshore »

I noticed that you compiled with gcc, what UNIX platform are you on?
ISTR that they tightened up on supported compilers, if you read the release notes there is more info.
I was able to create a PX routine, just followed the instructions in the documentation. Can't remember if it was *.o or *.so though.

Carter