FTP Enterprise question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

FTP Enterprise question

Post by splayer »

I have a job as follows:
FTP Enterprise stage ---> SequentialFile

My DS version is 7.5.1A (DS is on UNIX). I am trying to load a text file from a Windows box to the sequential file. My FTP Enterprise stage has the following properties on the Output tab:

Source:
URI: ftp://abcW/FileName.txt (where abcW is the Windows server name)
Open command = text
Connection:
ftp command: ftp
Password: xxxxxxx
User name: my_user_name

Under the Columns tab, I have col1 and col2. In FileName.txt in the Windows box, I have the following:
1 2
3 4

I keep getting the error:
FTP_Enterprise_0: uri : ftp://abcW/FTPTest.txt is not valid remote file. When I go to abcW, go to ControlPanel/System Properties, go to Computer Name tab, the full computer name ends with a .net. I have also tried:
a) putting in this full computer name instead of abcW. The error message is the same.
b)Removing Open Command altogether. The error message is the same.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
sohasaid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: FTP Enterprise question

Post by sohasaid »

I am workin on DS 8 IBM Websphere

I have got the same error while tryin to FTP a squential file from a WinXP FTP server..
Note: FTP server of the Win Xp is accessable and workin from the win 2003 server IE!.. and i just dun know why the datastage just cant verify it!!

FTP Stage Inputs were as follows:

Source
URI= ftp://10.10.13.210:21/TEST/FTPtest.txt

Note: I have tried to put the computer name instead of the IP Address.. but it gave the same error
and also i added the ftp Port Number, but it didn work as well

Connection:
ftp commmand=ftp
Password=*******
User name=soha.said@itworx.com

Transfer Protocol
Transfer Mode=FTP

"is not valid remote file" is the error which i got after alot of trials to correct this but with no use!!..

it would be great if i could get any help regardin that issue.. ! :)

Thank you in advance :)
splayer wrote:I have a job as follows:
FTP Enterprise stage ---> SequentialFile

My DS version is 7.5.1A (DS is on UNIX). I am trying to load a text file from a Windows box to the sequential file. My FTP Enterprise stage has the following properties on the Output tab:

Source:
URI: ftp://abcW/FileName.txt (where abcW is the Windows server name)
Open command = text
Connection:
ftp command: ftp
Password: xxxxxxx
User name: my_user_name

Under the Columns tab, I have col1 and col2. In FileName.txt in the Windows box, I have the following:
1 2
3 4

I keep getting the error:
FTP_Enterprise_0: uri : ftp://abcW/FTPTest.txt is not valid remote file. When I go to abcW, go to ControlPanel/System Properties, go to Computer Name tab, the full computer name ends with a .net. I have also tried:
a) putting in this full computer name instead of abcW. The error message is the same.
b)Removing Open Command altogether. The error message is the same.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.