Problem in Date From DB2/UDB

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ragunathan13
Participant

Problem in Date From DB2/UDB

Post by ragunathan13 »

hi All..

I read records from DB2 using DB2/UDB stage and loaded into Dataset. In this some Date fields are there. When i view the records from DB2\UDB stage i got actual date present in database. But when the same records are viewed in Dataset stage the dates are existing in the previous day's date.

Pls confirm on the solution for the above issue.

Regards
Raguanthan J
tagnihotri
Participant

Re: Problem in Date From DB2/UDB

Post by tagnihotri »

Can you please elaborate on "But when the same records are viewed in Dataset stage the dates are existing in the previous day's date" :?:

ragunathan13 wrote:hi All..

I read records from DB2 using DB2/UDB stage and loaded into Dataset. In this some Date fields are there. When i view the records from DB2\UDB stage i got actual date present in database. But when the same records are viewed in Dataset stage the dates are existing in the previous day's date.

Pls confirm on the solution for the above issue.

Regards
Raguanthan J
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

hi tagnihotri

Date in Database as 2000-10-12

When i view from DB2/UDB Stage Date is 2000-10-12 only

But after running the job if i view the same record in Dataset the Date is coming like 2000-10-11.

Thanks and Advanced Thanks
Ragunathan J
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

Ragunathan,

can you check whether there is any processing on the date field.
Do u have any transformers where you will be doing some processing on the date field before mapping to the dataset.
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

Hi Raghavendra

No., i just extract the data from db2 database using DB2/UDB Stage and simply loaded into Dataset. There is no transformer stage like.
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

Are you looking at the correct dataset..
Or check if any other job is updating the dataset.
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

To be honest, this sounds ghostly! as in if there is no processing from extraction to landing then how come -1 day :roll:

Can not think of anything first hand, but if it wud be me I would read the date as varchar or char and try writting it to seq file, just to point where the issue is!

ragunathan13 wrote:hi tagnihotri

Date in Database as 2000-10-12

When i view from DB2/UDB Stage Date is 2000-10-12 only

But after running the job if i view the same record in Dataset the Date is coming like 2000-10-11.

Thanks and Advanced Thanks
Ragunathan J
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

hi

i looking at correct dataset only Raghavendra..

If i read it as a varchar or Char, it gives a correct date, When i read it as a Date then only this this issue.
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

As I understand this, if you read the data from the dataset setting date fields as char the values are correct ? If yes then I will say there is no harm to right them as char only, guys please correct me if I am wrong!

ragunathan13 wrote:hi

i looking at correct dataset only Raghavendra..

If i read it as a varchar or Char, it gives a correct date, When i read it as a Date then only this this issue.
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

its ok that there is no harm in using as char, i want to know the reason of this problem, why it is not properly resulting in case of using 'date'
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

can you check at the table level, if there is any restriction or preprocessing involved with this field
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

Krazykoolrohit wrote:can you check at the table level, if there is any restriction or preprocessing involved with this field
No, There is no restriction or preprocessing involved with this field. Simply Load the date fiels as 'date' and Read it as 'date'.
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

hmmm as you are able to read data well, the possiblity of pre-processing was thin.

ragunathan13 wrote:
Krazykoolrohit wrote:can you check at the table level, if there is any restriction or preprocessing involved with this field
No, There is no restriction or preprocessing involved with this field. Simply Load the date fiels as 'date' and Read it as 'date'.
Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

Did you check for triggers?
What is the column definition of the date in the table vs. the definition in DataStage?
Are you extracting from the table using a select * or select Col name, or select coalesce(colname,'2000-01-01')
Or anything like that?
How do you specify the date files on the sequential output stage? Do you specify any formats?

Ande
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

Andet wrote:Did you check for triggers?
What is the column definition of the date in the table vs. the definition in DataStage?
Are you extracting from the table using a select * or select Col name, or select coalesce(colname,'2000-01-01')
Or anything like that?
How do you specify the date files on the sequential output stage? Do you specify any formats?

Ande
Hi Ande

The column definition of the table and dataset both are date(default formet yyyy-om-dd)

From database extract like select col name1, col name 2..

i did't specify any formats(all are defaults)