Job is aborting but It's updating data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bollinenik
Participant

Job is aborting but It's updating data

Post by bollinenik »

Hi,

My job is aborting but it's updateing data in Oracle database pls any body has idea about this do i need to change any setting or how i can resolve this .....
Job scenario is...
I am extracting data from oracle and loading into SAP table at the same time i am chnageing status for that fields in the same job by using another out put link from transformer but it's aborting dueto BAPI satge which loading data to SAP table is failing, But at the same time it's updating data How i can stop this pls help me
kOTI,
1586-738-7785
bollinenik
Participant

extension of above query

Post by bollinenik »

In the above scenario i missed it's updateing status in Oracle table but job is aborting due to BAPI output link....pls
kOTI,
1586-738-7785
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

If you could post the abort message and any warning related to this BAPI stage that would be helpful in understanding the problem!!
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
bollinenik
Participant

Post by bollinenik »

Hi,

The error message is SIGSEGV fatal error So, is there any way to restrict to stop the updateing of if job geting aborted and the main thing is if job getting aborted then the updation should not commit right but it's commiting.
kOTI,
1586-738-7785
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

set your rows per transaction to 0 to stop committing in case of an abort.
vinodn
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by vinodn »

Hi Krazy,

Your idea is great but can u tell me where is that setting where i can set that row's per transaction to 0 option

Thanks in Advance
bollinenik
Participant

Post by bollinenik »

Hi Krazy,

Can u tell me where is that option where i can set row's per transaction option to 0

Thanks in Advance
kOTI,
1586-738-7785
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

I assume you are using ODBC stage to load data.

Open the ODBC stage to load data into SAP tables. goto Inputs/Transaction handling tab on right hand top corner you will find the option to set this transaction level. Ensure that it is set to 0
bollinenik
Participant

Post by bollinenik »

No Krazy,

I am using Oracle pulgin stage How can we populate data into SAP by using of ODBC i am using BAPI stage for sap and i am using Oracle plugin in the same job to update in oracle table So it's aborting at BAPI stage and it's updating in Oracle plugin stage So can you suggest me if u have any idea

Thanks in Advance
kOTI,
1586-738-7785