Px Field level Warnings(The modify operator keeps field)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sreedhar
Participant

Px Field level Warnings(The modify operator keeps field)

Post by Sreedhar »

HI,

The modify operator keeps field "Field-Name" which is not present in the output interface.

Initially I though that the job must be having the modify stage where in which this problem is coming up, but unfortunately there is no such stage in the job, it is a simple extract job where in which DB2 stage -> Sort -> Filter ->DS with in the filter a column is dropped. It didn't give any problem in DEV but I am encountering these warnings in Production.

Did any one of you come across such a situation. If yes please do let me know how you have resolved it.

Thanks In adv...

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

At a guess you have specified a field in a KEEP specification but not in the record schema for the output link. There's nothing automatic in the Modify stage - it gets its speed from its simplicity. But that means you have to do the work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deployDS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Px Field level Warnings(The modify operator keeps field)

Post by deployDS »

You encounter this kind of warning when you drop a column in between and define that column later on.

You said you dropped a column in filter stage. But you must have defined the column again in the stage after "filter" stage. Since RCP already knows that that column existed before, it gives you that warning message.

Please check your metadata in DS, and also the column mapping in filter stage.
madadim
Participant

Post by madadim »

My guess is the warning may be coming from the db2 stage. May in the select statement, use an AS command and give the same name that is mentioned in the column name.
thks.
goosarikiran
Participant

Post by goosarikiran »

Hi

I think the RCP is on at the project level. Disable the RCP and try.
Regards,

Kiran