Use of 3rd party tool..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

helpmeout
Participant

Use of 3rd party tool..

Post by helpmeout »

what kind of 3rd party tool available for Datastage and what is use for that..?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You have any particular flavor of '3rd party tool' in mind when you asked this rather vague question? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When is the interview?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tagnihotri
Participant

Re: Use of 3rd party tool..

Post by tagnihotri »

3rd party toolss, do you mean scheduling tools or versioning or something else ?

helpmeout wrote:what kind of 3rd party tool available for Datastage and what is use for that..?
trobinson
Participant

Post by trobinson »

I've used a Pager, a Telephone, a laptop AND a PC in the course of working with DataStage. Sometimes I write stuff down so I guess pen and paper are also useful tools. A whiteboard can come in handy but is a pain to carry around.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

trobinson wrote:Sometimes I write stuff down so I guess pen and paper are also useful tools. A whiteboard can come in handy but is a pain to carry around.
:lol: Thats hilarious. What about a coffee mug. Does that count, hell, it helps keep me awake :twisted:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Sometimes I use my brain. Does that count as a third party tool? What if I've just been to three parties, then come to work?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
trobinson
Participant

Post by trobinson »

Coffee mug... definitely. Some call me a real tool so that probably counts as well although I do not market myself as such.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

ray.wurlod wrote:Sometimes I use my brain. Does that count as a third party tool?
Best joke in this forum :lol:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.