How to implement slowly change dimension..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

helpmeout
Participant

How to implement slowly change dimension..

Post by helpmeout »

Hello All..
can somebody tell me how slowly change dimension will be implement in datastage using different processing stage..
thnks..
nelab28
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nelab28 »

Well, What type of slowly changing dimensions are you looking at ?.

Have a look at the documentation for Change Capture Stage, to get the differences between datasets. And based on the code returned from the change capture stage, have subsequent jobs to delete, insert/update based on the surrogate key.

If you have a more clear query, help would be more to the point. :)
helpmeout
Participant

Post by helpmeout »

Thnks..
but i m asking for type-2
ok thnks..bye..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search is your friend. Do you think you were the first to ask about slowly changing dimensions?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

I will say wait for HAWK!! I heard it is having SCD (slowly changing demention) stage itself 8)
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

True, there is an SCD stage in DataStage 8.0, but its not that hard to implement. As Ray pointed out, search this forum or even google to get the pseudocode. Then turn that into computational logic by use of different stages.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.