Capturing Rejected Rows in DB2/UDB API stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SAMEENA
Participant

Capturing Rejected Rows in DB2/UDB API stage

Post by SAMEENA »

Hi all,

I am working on parallel jobs.I need to capture the rejected records in a sequential file.The target stage that I am using is DB2/UDB API.
Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search can be your friend. You are not the first to have had this requirement.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
SAMEENA
Participant

Post by SAMEENA »

Hi Ray,
I have searched for it.I could get information about capturing rejected rows in DB2/UDB Enterprise stage and not in DB2/UDB API stage in parallel jobs.

What all I could gather is for DB2/UDB API stage , information regarding rejected records is captured in log,but my requirement is to capture the entire record in a sequential file.

Please let me know where to look for it.

Thanks
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Sameena,
Check right-click and draw a reject link to the sequential file stage.
What stops you from using DB2 Enterprise stage stage, where you have option to collect the reject records and the reject code.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
SAMEENA
Participant

Post by SAMEENA »

Hi,
I have tried using a reject link.But no record got populated in the sequential file(reject file), despite the fact that there were 10 records which got rejected by the target database because of database constraints.

I cannot use DB2/UDB Enterprise stage as we don't have create table privelege on target tables which is a prerequisite for using this stage.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One job in a sequence (processing 0 rows) to create the table, a second job to populate it? That would allow you to use the DB2 Enterprise stage to take full advantage of parallelism.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

I have faced the same issue of priveleges! sometimes dba's are really I tried my best to justify but always got a big NO :evil:
Now I have implemented the same using transformer before the db2 API stage!
SAMEENA wrote:Hi,
I have tried using a reject link.But no record got populated in the sequential file(reject file), despite the fact that there were 10 records which got rejected by the target database because of database constraints.

I cannot use DB2/UDB Enterprise stage as we don't have create table privelege on target tables which is a prerequisite for using this stage.