how to extract reject rows from DB2/UDB API stage.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to extract reject rows from DB2/UDB API stage.

Post by rajan.n »

HI all,
my target is DB2/UDB API how can i extract the rows which were rejected.
i learned from help is

1.Set the Parameter Array Size property to 1.

2.Use a Transformer stage to redirect the rejected rows

i had set the parameter array size to 1. but how to redirect the rows to transformation.

when i tried to link the DB2 stage to any other stage it says can not link to non-reject stages.

i may have to set some other option in order to accept it. can any body help me if u have exp pn this situation
thanx much in advance.
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

Rajan,

Have you searched on this topic? There are lot of discussions on this. There is very good article on ITToolBox by Vincent.

The links is below
Row leakage
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
rajan.n
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rajan.n »

hey kirti kumar,
really tons of thanks to u.
the link was very infomative.
THE issue is
am using DB2 API stage.
but it gives in the doc. that DB2 enterprice stages has a option to set it upsert only then it allows a reject link.
i dint find any upsert option in DB2 API stage , whats the diff between API stage and ENTERPRISE stage..?? in order to have that rejects am i supposed to change my target from DB2 API to DB2 ENTERPRISE..??

Kirtikumar wrote:Rajan,

Have you searched on this topic? There are lot of discussions on this. There is very good article on ITToolBox by Vincent.

The links is below
Row leakage
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

Truelly parallel is how I will define the DB2 EE stage. The main difference between the DB2 API and EE is the way they comunicate between DS and DB2 servers. As I understand (guys correct me if I am wrong) DB2 EE uses dedicated comunication channels with the DB2 server thats the reason it is faster and goes in synch with PX architecture. As per my experience there is definitely great advantge in terms of processing times using DB2 EE but we had issues with the resources.

rajan.n wrote:hey kirti kumar,
really tons of thanks to u.
the link was very infomative.
THE issue is
am using DB2 API stage.
but it gives in the doc. that DB2 enterprice stages has a option to set it upsert only then it allows a reject link.
i dint find any upsert option in DB2 API stage , whats the diff between API stage and ENTERPRISE stage..?? in order to have that rejects am i supposed to change my target from DB2 API to DB2 ENTERPRISE..??

Kirtikumar wrote:Rajan,

The links is below
Row leakage
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

Although I have been able to trap rows rejected by DB2 (using link variable REJECTEDCODE as a constraint), the content of the other link variables (e.g., DBMSCODE, SQLSTATE) have been empty and the LASTERR message has been insignificant.

If I recall, I've had a similar experience with the ORAOCI stages.

Maybe someone else has had a worthwhile experience.
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

It turns out that there's a patch (378380 dsdb2 aix ds751.tar.z) to resolve problems capturing write error information from DB2 API stage. :shock: