Unicode converter buffer overflow

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

durgaps
Participant

Unicode converter buffer overflow

Post by durgaps »

I am using a ODBC stage to connect to an External application. In Project1, I am able to connect to the application and extract the data, but in Project2 there is an issue with the connection with the following message.
main_program: Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Unicode converter buffer overflow
:
Any idea why this is happening? Is there any APT_ Parameter which can handle this?

Thanks,
Durga Prasad
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Was your uvodbc.config for your new project been updated? Is the both the project on the same server?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
BIuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Unicode converter buffer overflow

Post by BIuser »

durgaps wrote:I am using a ODBC stage to connect to an External application. In Project1, I am able to connect to the application and extract the data, but in Project2 there is an issue with the connection with the following message.
main_program: Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource[DataDirect][ODBC lib] Unicode converter buffer overflow
:
Any idea why this is happening? Is there any APT_ Parameter which can handle this?

Thanks,
Hi durgaps,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Thanks
-------------------------
https://www.ssa.co.za