Recovering datastage jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinodhraj
Participant

Recovering datastage jobs

Post by vinodhraj »

Hi,

While I am working with datastage jobs, suddenly datastage connection is broken. so I have to close the datastage window.
While I am trying to reopen the job, it shows someone is using the job.

I have even killed the processID, but I can't open it.

Is there any way to recover those jobs.

Thanks

Vinod
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Vinod,
This has been discussed several times.
User dsadm, login to DS directory - CleanUp Resources. Under 'Locks', you may find the jobs name. Select the item under 'Process' corresponding to that PID. Now select Go by process in Locks and ReleaseAll locks.
Else you can go for unix Kill or DS.TOOLS.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vinodhraj
Participant

Post by vinodhraj »

Hi Kumar,

I had killed the process ID using cleanup resources, even though I cant able to retrieve it.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do you see the PID still in Locks under Cleanup resources?
Do you see the PID in unix?
What is the exact message it gives you?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vinodhraj
Participant

Post by vinodhraj »

Kumar,

I can't see the process ID in unix, but I can see them in director cleanup resource window mentioning that process Id is unavailable.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Where do you get this informatin that "that process Id is unavailable."?
If this appears while you login to Cleanup Resource, neglect it.
Did you followed the steps that mentioned. What message you get when you open you job now?
If you are able to see the job name in the item id under 'Locks', note down the PID/User# and highlight the item corresponds to this PID in 'Process' window, and now click on 'Show by Process'. And click 'Release All'.
Use dsadm.
Else go to admistrator window, select the project and click on Command. Type DS.TOOLS and hit enter. Go for 5 and 7 with that process id.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

you can unlock using following steps:
1. Login into uv using admin user(dsadm).

2. LIST.READU EVERY.
(this will list all the locked job)

get the userno for your job.

3. UNLOCK USER <userno> ALL.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

try this steps:

1. Telnet to the DS server machine and cd to $DSHOME directory as root or dsadm account; (where $DSHOME is the DSEngine directory)
2. Run ". ./dsenv";
3. Run "bin/uvsh" to enter DS Command Prompt;
4. Enter "LOGTO UV" to log into UV account. (*may not need to be done on DS 7) If the LOGTO command is disabled, use this command "CHDIR <path_to_the_DSEngine_folder>" (with <path_to_the_DSEngine_folder>=cat /.dshome under a telnet session on the DataStage server). The UNLOCK command lives in UV account.
5. Type ">LIST.READU EVERY" and press "Enter". Check active record locks under "Item Id" column for job name or RT_CONFIG# or RT_LOG# (# matches the job description number.
6. Write down the inode number and user number for the lock that is not a valid lock.
7. Type ">UNLOCK INODE inode# USER user# ALL" and press "Enter";

This will unlock the lock hold on this file (inode#) and hold by this user (user#) for file locks, group locks and record locks.

9. If you need to see all the locks again, type ">LIST.READU EVERY" and press "Enter".
10. Enter ">LOGTO projectname" and press "Enter" to logto the project repository; (where projectname is case sensitive)
11. Enter "CLEAR.FILE RT_STATUSxx" and press "Enter" to clear the status for the job; (where xx is the job_number for that job);
12. Enter "LO" to exit the DS Command Prompt;