Join Stage Retains Deleted Duplicate Columns

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Join Stage Retains Deleted Duplicate Columns

Post by kenstorm »

This may be a DataStage issue.

In the beginning, there was a join stage. And it was generating warnings such as: "JoinStage_1: When checking operator: Dropping component "Column_x" because of prior component with same name".

I traced this to mean that there were duplicate column names across the two input links coming into the join stage. So I removed the duplicate columns and left just one with the key columns being the only duplicate columns across the two input links. I am still getting the warnings which mention column names that are not even in the stage!

The job was copied from another job. I don't know if this corrupted the code somehow.

Any ideas? I have tried almost everything.

Thank you,
Ken
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Can you post few of those warnings here? It might help a longway.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kenstorm »

Here's the warnings. The join stage name is GetAlongOthers. The columns that I deleted from the stage are "HOLD_IND", "SHR_TBL_STA_IND", and "CNFLT_STA_CDE".

1) GetAlongOthers: When checking operator: Dropping component "HOLD_IND" because of prior component with same name

2) GetAlongOthers: When checking operator: Dropping component "SHR_TBL_STA_IND" because of prior component with same name

3) GetAlongOthers: When checking operator: Dropping component "CNFLT_STA_CDE" because of prior component with same name

ALSO: I am having similar issues with the OCI stage. For some reason, I get warnings that columns are not in the target. It's almost like they are ghost columns. I can't see them anywhere but somehow DataStage is still using them. I've deleted them and I can't see them and somehow they still remain which is evident from the warnings I get in Director.

1)stgApspBatchORA: When checking operator: Input field END_DT dropped because it does not exist in table STG_APSP_BATCH

Ken
When someone is talking and making a bad situation worse ...
Quote of the day: "Put the shovel down and step away from the hole!"
My gift to you
kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kenstorm »

Here's the warnings. The join stage name is GetAlongOthers. The columns that I deleted from the stage are "HOLD_IND", "SHR_TBL_STA_IND", and "CNFLT_STA_CDE".

1) GetAlongOthers: When checking operator: Dropping component "HOLD_IND" because of prior component with same name

2) GetAlongOthers: When checking operator: Dropping component "SHR_TBL_STA_IND" because of prior component with same name

3) GetAlongOthers: When checking operator: Dropping component "CNFLT_STA_CDE" because of prior component with same name

ALSO: I am having similar issues with the OCI stage. For some reason, I get warnings that columns are not in the target. It's almost like they are ghost columns. I can't see them anywhere but somehow DataStage is still using them. I've deleted them and I can't see them and somehow they still remain which is evident from the warnings I get in Director.

1)stgApspBatchORA: When checking operator: Input field END_DT dropped because it does not exist in table STG_APSP_BATCH

Ken
When someone is talking and making a bad situation worse ...
Quote of the day: "Put the shovel down and step away from the hole!"
My gift to you
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Try doing a force compile and then run the job. See if it helps.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kenstorm »

That will be the first thing I try on Monday. I get a three day weekend!

Thanks Kris

Ken
mansoor_nb
Participant

Post by mansoor_nb »

Ken,
Try to switch off the RCP for both the input links of the join stage.This might solve your problem.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Force compile will do the magic for those jobs where design is copied. RCP can be siwtched off for the whole job as well.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kenstorm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kenstorm »

The force compile did the trick! :shock: True to your words, those irritating warnings went away. I didn't notice it sitting there under the File menu.

I tried the RCP disable first but the job aborted. I will keep that trick in mind for the future as it may flush out other issues. Thanks for that.

Thanks to all! I'll mark this one Resolved.
Ken

Give me a chance and I'll even prove myself wrong