Generic stage question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Generic stage question

Post by abc123 »

I have a sequential file stage, generic stage and data set stage. In the generic stage, I have:

Operator = tail -nrecs 5

However, always 10 records get copied to the data set. The source sequential file has lot more records. Any ideas?
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Better if you explain your job. This looks like an interview question.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

No meena, this is not a interview question. I have a good job and I am pretty happy about it. I am playing around with the Generic stage after I saw a post on this forum. I am trying to see what its unique capabilities are.

My job has the stages I have described. However, 10 records are always being copied where it should copy only 5 as my tail statement has 5.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you running on a two-node configuration? The -nrecs option is per node. See Orchestrate Operators manual, page 10-3 (version 7.5).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

ray, thanks. Yes, I have a 2 node configuration and that is why it was sending 10.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Alas, you can't use -nrecs 2.5 ! :lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.