Version Control Batch

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Version Control Batch

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi All,

I am facing one strange problem. I have intilaised nearly 40 parallel jobs from Devlopemnet to version Control by Giving batchname as ThisDayrelease19102006. My jobs are intilaised to Version contro, but when I tried to select the jobs in Version control by using Batchname ThisDayrelease19102006 , jobs are not selecting. There is any limitation while giving the Batch name ? How to get the jobs by uding batchname I have created. Jobs are alraedy intialised, if i tried one more time intialisation with new batch name it will more load to repositor.

Any body have any idea abt this type of problem ?
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi All,

I got the solution for this. I just tried to view (Display) the version control by using Date. then I got the todays jobs, whcih I have versioned.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

Nagesh, just out of curiosity. Can you tell me, when you do version control, how you do it? I typically export the job designs to dsx and back them up in VSS.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Version Control does come with a .pdf manual that explains how it works and how to use it. Have you taken a peek at that?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Can you tell me what the PDF file is called?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Install Version Control on your PC, the answer will be obvious. You don't need to run it or use it, but you'll need to install the product to get the pdf.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Version Control is not supported - and does not work - at version 8.0. This is because it interacts with the old style repository. IBM is investigating alternatives, including interaction with utilities such as ClearCase.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.