Null Handling: High Values

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijayrc
Participant

Null Handling: High Values

Post by vijayrc »

Hi,
I have few SORT columns defined as NULLABLE and in certain cases, for some records, these SORT columns are set to NULL [just to ensure, these are sorted way down]. Where should I go about [Job, Designer, Manger ??] defining the property for NULL to be HIGH-VALUE or so...I'm totally blind-folded on this and any light on this greatly appreciated..Thanks, Vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In all sorts you can specify a Null Value Position so that nulls sort at the beginning or at the end. There is no capacity when sorting to effect a transformation; the only stages that do this are Modify and Transformer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijayrc
Participant

Post by vijayrc »

ray.wurlod wrote:In all sorts you can specify a Null Value Position so that nulls sort at the beginning or at the end. There is no capacity when sorting to effect a transformation; the only stages that do this are Mo ...
Thanks Ray...I had taken care of this before, but couldn't remember on where to handle the NULLS...Thanks again
splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by splayer »

ray, just a question. Is the property Null Value Position or Nulls Position? The values are "first" and "last".
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Depends where you're doing it. My original answer was from memory. It's Nulls position in the context menu on an input-link sort; have not yet checked the Sort stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.