Exception table

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bala_135
Premium Member
Premium Member

Exception table

Post by bala_135 »

Hi,

Can I do an Execption and Error Handling through Datastage.
I am planning to set some rules a table and based on the rules.Is it possible in datastage.

Regards,
Bala.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes. There is a paper on that very topic at Information on Demand 2006 conference.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

I could not find the this paper in Information on Demand 2006 conference. Can you give me links where I can get this.
Aim high
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you were at the Conference or are an IBM employee, then you have access to the site and will know the URL.

If you had asked this question three months ago I would have been able to find it, but have purged old entries from my email inbox since then.
nkln@you
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nkln@you »

Ray,

Can u explain me in detail about this Exception and Error Handling .

How rules are set for a particular table and how those rules can be used to implement this Exception and Error Handling. I am in need of this.
Aim high