how to eliminate duplicate records from source

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ramsdanda
Participant

how to eliminate duplicate records from source

Post by ramsdanda »

Hi ,

How to eliminate duplicate records from the source without using remove dulicate stage and aggregator stage.any body help me the same.

Thanks and regards
ramsdanda
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

This smells like an interview question. If not, then give me more details, your source, is it a flat file or a database, why do you want to avoid using those stages? Any particular reason.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: how to eliminate duplicate records from source

Post by balajisr »

ramsdanda wrote:Hi ,

How to eliminate duplicate records from the source without using remove dulicate stage and aggregator stage.any body help me the same.

Thanks and regards
ramsdanda
What is your source? Is it sequential file or database?
ragunathan13
Participant

Post by ragunathan13 »

what is u'r source....

it's a sequential file or any other
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Isn't too many same question at same time? :wink:
Ramsdanda - The reason been asked is, if you have Database as source stage, you can eliminate the duplicated while selecting by doing a group by.
You can also eliminate by using Sort stage, by assiging a key and Allow Duplicates option to false.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DSguru2B wrote:This smells like an interview question.
I didn't notice that until I looked at all of his posts. Certainly taken together nothing but fishing for interview answers.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I didnt either. I answered his first query. Then when i came to this one i sensed it. Then when i saw a third one i didnt bother commenting.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.