Lookup Fileset - SMP memory usage.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Lookup Fileset - SMP memory usage.

Post by gsherry1 »

Hello Forum,

I have a couple questions regarding lookups.

1. If I have an SMP configuration with n logical nodes specified in the APT_CONFIG_FILE, and I am using 'entire' partitioning strategy for my lookup filesets, does DataStage load n copies of my lookup into my hosts memory, or is it smart enough to share only one copy?

2. Can lookup filesets be asynchronously rebuilt without regards to current processes that could be running against these files? In other words, is there any locking or blocking that goes on behind the scenes to prevent jobs from reading corrupted/changing filesets during updates, or am I expected to manage this with my own scheduling?

Thanks in advance.

Greg
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. It's smart enough to share only one copy.
2. I'm not aware of any locking/blocking strategy. But, then again, I haven't tried it. I know it's not possible in the same job, but that's managed (prevented) by a pre-compilation sanity check.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.