comparision between unicodedata and normaldata

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bollinenik
Participant

comparision between unicodedata and normaldata

Post by bollinenik »

HI,

I have source is unicodedata but lookup table has nonunicodedata while doing lookup it's rejecting. pls tell me how i can do lookup in this case

Thanks in advance
regards,
Bollineni.
kOTI,
1586-738-7785
srinivas_dsx
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: comparision between unicodedata and normaldata

Post by srinivas_dsx »

bollinenik wrote:HI,

I have source is unicodedata but lookup table has nonunicodedata while doing lookup it's rejecting. pls tell me how i can do lookup in this case

Thanks in advance
regards,
Bollineni.
Bollineni,

Couple of ways,
1. Change the lookup field format to unicode (nvarchar, nchar etc. ) if possible, OR,
2. Get the source and lookups into Hashs and perform further transformations from there on. Once the data is inside datastage it becomes internal to datastage.

Srinivas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Basically you have to get the metadata to match. One is using string, the other is using ustring in the record schema. You could try changing the data type in the table definition so that it matches, which may work if you're using ASCII data.

Note that Srinivas's advice about using hashed files is not correct for parallel jobs. But you could use a Lookup File Set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check if conversion of unicode using the existing inbuilt funciton works during lookup.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use ustring_from_string() or string_from_ustring() in an upstream Modify stage to get the data types to match.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bollinenik
Participant

Post by bollinenik »

ray.wurlod wrote:Basically you have to get the metadata to match. One is using string, the other is using ustring in the record schema. You could try changing the data type in the table definition so that it matches ...
Thanks ray

yes i am converting the datatype of lookup table from nonunicodedata to unicodedata by using of string to ustring function but it's not matching i think it's not converting. And i tried with changing of datatype also it means lookup table is oracle with number datatype i am converting it to char and source is flatfile with nchar to char b.coz it's unicodedata....pls tell me is theer any function to convert nonunicodedata to unicodedata or any other way

pls help me
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Disable the RPC. IF you convert ustring_from_string() from the input stream, it should do lookup. At a worst case, write into a intermediate sequential file after the conversion. It will be useful for the verification as well.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'