sub routine failed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

sub routine failed

Post by samsuf2002 »

Hi All i am running a parallel job which has two input files master and chg passong through CDC results a new master which shud b moved to input master so i am using after job sub routine ExecDOS initial value = path of a bat file which has move command . when i run the job job is running fine but routine is failed with the warning

Move_IRO_Old_Chg_To_Master_JOB..AfterJob (ExecDOS): Error when executing command: F:\INTERMEDIATE\Move_iro_partial_Old_Chg_To_Master.bat
*** Output from command was: ***

The system cannot find the file specified. (2): F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_Claim_NEWMSTR.txt

The system cannot find the file specified. (2): F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_ClaimHold_NEWMSTR.txt

The system cannot find the file specified. (2): F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_Order_NEWMSTR.txt

The system cannot find the file specified. (2): F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_subscriber_NEWMSTR.txt

i checked the path its right. can any one help plz
thanks
hi sam here
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

sam, what happens when you run the .bat file from the cmd shell manually? If that works and it doesn't from the job then I would look to make sure your paths are absolute in the .bat file. Perhaps you could post the code here as well.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

when i run it maually its not moving the file but the code looks fine

mv F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_Claim_NEWMSTR.txt F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_Claim_MSTR.txt
mv F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_ClaimHold_NEWMSTR.txt F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_ClaimHold_MSTR.txt
mv F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_Order_NEWMSTR.txt F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_Order_MSTR.txt
mv F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_subscriber_NEWMSTR.txt F:\CURR_MASTER_FILES\iro_subscriber_MSTR.txt
hi sam here
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Try using "move" instead of "mv" in DOS.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

i tried mv while testing with small data it worked fine now im running with full file and these 4 files have around 30 million of records . i am trying to create 4 master files in one job is it a matter with memory
hi sam here
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

But the error is that the source files aren't being found. Have you tried using the DOS "move" instead of the add-on "mv" {probably MKS tookit or like}? Just to make sure the error isn't being introduced by that program.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

yes i used move its still not working
hi sam here
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Comment out the after-job subroutine call in your job, run it with the full data and then see if manually running the .bat file from a DOS session works or perhaps has the same problem.
samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samsuf2002 »

hi i tried running it manually outside data stage job it is working i tried to move 10 million rows in an empty file
hi sam here
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Have you used "move" command as ArndW mentioned. If you are checking it manually then it as move else check with the path and file.
samsuf2002 wrote:hi i tried running it manually outside data stage job but it is still not working i tried to move 10 million rows in an empty file
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you are using mv then you are in a UNIX environment, where case sensitivity is imposed. Are the pathnames properly cased as well as properly spelled? Does the user ID under which DataStage jobs are executed have sufficient access to all the directories in the path (including the root directory) to be able to determine the directory contents?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.