Teradata - Field type must be either an int8, int16, ui

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ccatania
Premium Member
Premium Member

Teradata - Field type must be either an int8, int16, ui

Post by ccatania »

I had this problem in the past and I thought I remembered the solution, but nothing I have tried has resolved the problem.
The source is Teradata usig Fastload and the fields in the query match to the columns, order and SQLtype.

This is the error:

SRCE_VNDR_PO,0: Field type must be either an int8, int16, uint16, or int32 in order to call setOutputFieldAsInteger() for field '1' in outputDS '0'.

I have tried different field types with no luck. The field is defined in Teradata as an Integer (4) format -(10)9.

If someone can help me out on this it would be great. I'm spending way too much time on this problem..

Thanks,
Charlie
pathmaker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Teradata - Field type must be either an int8, int16, ui

Post by pathmaker »

This is a known issue , got fixed in 7.5.2 . you can ask for patch if yours is prior version. contact tech support

ccatania wrote:I had this problem in the past and I thought I remembered the solution, but nothing I have tried has resolved the problem.
The source is Teradata usig Fastload and the fields in the query match to the columns, order and SQLtype.

This is the error:

SRCE_VNDR_PO,0: Field type must be either an int8, int16, uint16, or int32 in order to call setOutputFieldAsInteger() for field '1' in outputDS '0'.

I have tried different field types with no luck. The field is defined in Teradata as an Integer (4) format -(10)9.

If someone can help me out on this it would be great. I'm spending way too much time on this problem..

Thanks,