DataStage Job 2270 Phantom 17275

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nitin376
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nitin376 »

Hi,
I got a new type of error , don't have any idea what it means. Please explain me how to resolve this isuue

Error details

main_program: Fatal Error: Pos arg exceeds numFields()-1: 3

The job aborts. Explain me please....

thanks,

Nitin
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Please post the more details and complete log. Seems to be the pos field exceeding its size.

Sam
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Without giving a brief description of what you are doing in the job, it's always hard to give any suggestions. From your error message it looks like you have an extra column in one of your stages. Are you dealing with any database tables? If so, are you using any user-defined sql? Check the metadata within the stages. There might be a mismatch in the number of columns.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

somewhere you are carrying addional columns either in Datastage or the target SQL code..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Pos arg" = "positional argument"

The message is telling you that some function you are using has more positional arguments than can be filled from your row, because there are fewer fields in your record schema than the number of arguments.

Now you have to do some detective work to figure out where this is occurring, and fix it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.