complex falt file (CFF)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

donny
Premium Member
Premium Member

complex falt file (CFF)

Post by donny »

Hi
iamtrying to use a Complex file in parallel job, when i try to view data in designer, i dont see the correct data in correct columns,some of the data is overlapped onto other columns,i mean when i have a filler i see data in filler coulmn also,even the first column doesnt show correct data

any help is appreciated

thanks
donny
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
You need to set the length of the columns properly. You have to play with it till you are able to view the data in correct format.
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

If this complex flat file is created by some mainframe or AS400, then see whats the copy book format specified and see if there is any diff between what you are using and what is there in copy book.

Normally, when everything is matching from Copy book with the complex flat file definition, the decimal columns with scale need to be handled properly. Also sign bytes for the numeric cols create problems if not handled.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Just one byte shift in the layout will give you a ladder effect of the whole file with the fixed widthformat. You can start the check from the filler to check if the data in the column before to the filler column are populated corectly. If so you can add or remove one or two byes from filler as a trail and error approach.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'