dsjob command not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hhh
Participant

dsjob command not found

Post by hhh »

Hello,
In ....DSEngine/bin directory dsjob command is available however i am trying to use dsjob command at that time i am getting
"dsjob: command not found"
have set the appropriate library path also , but still i can not use dsjob command.
pls suggest your ideas on same.
Regards,
Hiten
thompsonp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thompsonp »

The directory containing dsjob is not in your PATH.
If changing to that directory does not help, then . (the current directory) is not in your PATH either.

Run the command from the bin directory as ./dsjob or set the PATH environment variable accordingly.
hhh
Participant

Post by hhh »

I was such a stupid that i was using just dsjob in place of ./dsjob.
Thanks,
Thompson

[quote="thompsonp"]The directory containing dsjob is not in your PATH.
If changing to that directory does not help, then . (the current directory) is not in your PATH either.

Run the command from the bin directory as ./dsjob or set the PATH environment variable accordingly.[/quote]
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

It is not the case that always while command dsjob, you have to say ./dsjob to run the command.

In some unix systems, you can run dsjob command from dir $DSHOME/bin/ by just saying dsjob, but in some unix systems, you will have use ./dsjob.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Umm, if you add the directory that contains the dsjob command to your session's PATH variable you do not need to do that. This is independant of your UNIX version.

Whether or not you need to specify the "." is also a function of your PATH setting, if the "." is contained there then you do not need to add it.