Compile 'hangs'

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rickrambo
Participant

Compile 'hangs'

Post by rickrambo »

Hi,
This is SCD job, reading from Delta file, with a Join on TD base table and finally inserts / updates the same table. Issue I am facing is, when I compile it simply hangs. It was compiling OK before. I added some null handling statements. If isnull(Link1.col1) then Setnull() else Link1.col1, so that I won't get warnings which I was getting before. I tried to see if TYPOED wrong or kept an extra space. But seems OK. Why the 'Compile' is hanging? Server 7.52 on Sun OS, Client 752 / 751A. Any thoughts.
Thanks,
Rick
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Will it allow you to compile If you revert the changes?
Check if it does only in your machine or on all others? Like wise check for different user id as well.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

We also faced this problem last year on a DS specific project. The server and projects are managed by diff group DS Admin group and we do not have the control.

The problem was solved by resolving some lock related things. They said, There is a internal DS table which manages all the jobs had a lock on certain group of jobs. These locks prevent the job from getting compiled. They never told us the exact table name and other details.
So check up with ur DS admin ppl if there is any such possiblity.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check for any change in permission for the user id.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Start with the job that compiles. Add bits to it until it doesn't compile. Figure out what the problem is with the most recently-added bit.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.