Restartability

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

apkselvam
Participant

Restartability

Post by apkselvam »

Hi,
In my job sequence i have 10 jobs , while running the 5th job my system switched off suddenly , i need to restart the sequence from the 5th job (There is no error in my jobs). How to restart my job.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If you have enabled the Check Point restart option you can just rerun. So that the job will start at the last check point. Look at the Job properties tab in your Sequence. Search for the same.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
avi21st
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by avi21st »

kumar_s wrote:If you have enabled the Check Point restart option you can just rerun. So that the job will start at the last check point. Look at the Job properties tab in your Sequence. Search for the same.
Also you need to enable Restartability for the project from Datastage Administrator-

It is in the Properties>> Sequence tab..enabling this would also put checkpoints in your process.
But as Kumar suggested- you need to have restartability defined at the Job Sequencer for each job/execute/notification activity.
Avishek Mukherjee
Data Integration Architect
Chicago, IL, USA.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

avi21st wrote:Also you need to enable Restartability for the project from Datastage Administrator-

It is in the Properties>> Sequence tab..enabling this would also put checkpoints in your process.
Actually, no. That just controls the defaults when a new Sequence job is created, whether those options default to being checked or not. It doesn't control whether checkpoints work or not...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers