Reset set of Sequence Variables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

paddu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reset set of Sequence Variables

Post by paddu »

I searched the forum and got this command to initialize a Sequence_name .
UPDATE SDKSequences USING DICT VOC SET F1 = 'New_Value' WHERE @ID = 'Sequence_Name';

I have set of Sequence_Names to initialize at a time before starting data load process.

How can i update set of Sequence_Names at once ?
We have about like 40 Sequence_Names ,among then i need to initialize 20 Sequence_Names only

Thanks
Paddu
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Build a routine that executes a TCL command with sequence_name as a variable. Have all the sequence names in a sequential file and feed them to the routine in a transformer.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is there some regularity to the names? Do you want to reset them all to the same value? If yes, then it's standard SQL.

Code: Select all

UPDATE SDKSequences USING DICT VOC SET F1 = 'New_Value' WHERE @ID IN ('Sequence_Name1', 'SequenceName2', 'SequenceName3'); 
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.