Rename Links - Error's Pop Up

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rwierdsm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rename Links - Error's Pop Up

Post by rwierdsm »

Hello all,

I just modified a couple of jobs that had passed my unit test. I needed to rename a couple of links to adhere to standards. Suddenly, errors started popping up.

- At compile time, my conditional lookup constraint caused an error. DataStage did not rename the link name in the link. Server does this seemlessly.
- Again at compile time, the key value assignment in a lookup still had the old link name for the input column definition.
- At run time, a lookup file set lost it's partition setting of 'Entire', it was set to the default 'Auto'.

Has anyone else seen this sort of behaviour?

Rob W
Rob Wierdsma
Toronto, Canada
bartonbishop.com
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, I haven't noticed it before. Did you just change the link name in the designer graphical canvas and suddenly get those errors? Can you reproduce the problem in a simple job for IBM/Ascential support or was it a one-off issue?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've seen this in Server as well, but don't recall the gory details of exactly when it happens. Most of the time a link rename handles all occurances of it in the Transformer but occassionally it doesn't. It seems like constraints are the biggest place where a link rename doesn't happen. The compiler will barf and if nothing in the Transformer shows red, the first place I look for issues is in the constraints.

Perhaps some experimentation is in order...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers