ODBC Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Lotus26
Premium Member
Premium Member

ODBC Error

Post by Lotus26 »

Hi All,

I am deleting records from a sql server table using ODBC Enterprise stage. I have written the following user defined sql

Delete from stk where fsid <= orchestrate.fsacid.

The datatype of the fsid & fsacid is smallint.

This is the first time i am using ODBC Enterprise stage.

I am getting the following FATAL Errors.
APT_CombinedOperatorController,3: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Program type out of range
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect

I appreciate for any thoughts or help in Advance.
Regards
Lotus26
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Start by setting APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to True so that you can fully isolate the location of the problem. Let us know what occurs under this scenario.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Lotus26
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Lotus26 »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your response. After setting the APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to True. Still i am getting the same FATAL Error message. But the job status in Director is showing as "Finished(See Log)". I appreciate your time and any help in this regard.
ray.wurlod wrote:Start by setting APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to True so that you can fully isolate the location of the problem. Let us know what occurs under this scenario.
Regards
Lotus26
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, but the error message is now precise about where the error is occurring. Can you post the detail of the first and second error or warning messages?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Lotus26
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Lotus26 »

Hi Ray,

When i changed the query to Auto Generated. It is working fine. Again i changed the query to user defined. Then also it is working. But i didn't know the exact reason why it is working now not earlier. Anyway i appreciate your time and patience.
ray.wurlod wrote:Yes, but the error message is now precise about where the error is occurring. Can you post the detail of the first and second error or warning messages?
Regards
Lotus26
nani0907
Participant

Post by nani0907 »

APT_CombinedOperatorController,1: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Program type out of range
[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect
{0}
[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect

Could any body help for thr above error .
After setting it to --- APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to True. still same Warning.

Help is appreciated.
thanks n regards
nani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It will NOT be the same error, and that is the point. Instead of APTCombinedOperatorController you will get the name of the actual stage in which the error is being generated. Please post THAT error message.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Ray is absolutely correct, i was also writing to the ODBC stage, i got the same error, i applied the solution which Ray gave and it worked , it pointed me to the right stage where the error is.

Error was at the odbc stage,

result: ODBC_Enterprise_32,1: [DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]INSERT permission denied on object ??? database 'XYZ', schema 'XYZ'.
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

And also one of the possible mistakes you could have done is...the INSERT/Delete/Update query...check that....thanks....FYI
McKBISupport7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: ODBC Error

Post by McKBISupport7 »

Like Ray and Nagaraj mention below it could be host of things, although just for items to check off the list: If you have set Auto-generate Upsert SQL = No, make sure to confirm that the column names referenced in the UPDATE/INSERT SQL match the column names on the destination table/db object. I had the exact log entries that Lotus26 had (even after setting $APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION = True) without much else to go on and after correcting the column name(s) all was well with the world once again.

Jim
http://www.method360.com/
Lotus26 wrote:Hi All,

I am deleting records from a sql server table using ODBC Enterprise stage. I have written the following user defined sql

Delete from stk where fsid <= orchestrate.fsacid.

The datatype of the fsid & fsacid is smallint.

This is the first time i am using ODBC Enterprise stage.

I am getting the following FATAL Errors.
APT_CombinedOperatorController,3: [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Program type out of range
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: [DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver]COUNT field incorrect

I appreciate for any thoughts or help in Advance.