Problem With ExecCommand Activity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sturdyvel
Participant

Problem With ExecCommand Activity

Post by sturdyvel »

Hi,

The scenario is, i am calling a shell script using Exec Command Activity Stage in Job Sequencer.Currently, i am working in development environment.When moving to the production environment the path of the shell will be changed.So, we are giving environmental variables in Admin level and we are using the same for the path and other things in all other stgaes...but we are not able to do with Exec Command Stage ... how can i give the path details using environmental variables in Exec Command Activity Stage

Rgds
Kadir
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Check whether you script exists in the production server or not. And post the error or warning what you are getting.And can you be clear to this sentence:
So, we are giving environmental variables in Admin level and we are using the same for the path and other things in all other stgaes
I want to know what are the "other things in all other stages".
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Passing your path as a parameter should solve the problem. Which version of DataStage are you on?
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Read the parameter in the JobSequence that useses the CommandActivity by assigining the default value as $PROJDEF. And now you can pass the parameter to the commandActivity stage from the JobSequence.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

Hi,

As earlier replied message, give ur path as parameter and pass to the Execute Command activity in Job sequence, it will work fine.
With regards,
Xpert