Finding Terasync table database

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vgaindhar
Participant

Finding Terasync table database

Post by vgaindhar »

Hi,

There have been several posts realted to fixing Terasync table error which have been useful but I need to find where this table is being created. (as it gets dropped after the job is finished)

I have created following env variables in my DS project Administrator.
APT_TERA_SYNC_DAEMON_PROG = [server name for terasync table]
APT_TERA_SYNC_DATABASE = [db name for terasync table]
APT_TERA_SYNC_USER = [user name used for terasync table]
APT_TERA_SYNC_PASSWORD = [password for user used to access terasync table]

I have intentionally given APT_TERA_SYNC_DATABASE name wrong (I have no access to create table in this database). But the job is not failing with Terasync table error. That means the parameter values are not what I have defined at PROJECT level and they are no being used. How do I find out where the terasync table is being created.

NOTE that the source teradata table domain is also not the terasync table domain because I do not have create table access to that domain.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Regards,
Vipin
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

i experienced, if you are not defining the APT_TERA_SYNC_DATABASE, then the terasync table is created at the same database of the base table..
vgaindhar
Participant

Post by vgaindhar »

Thanks for your input.

How did you find out where it created the terasync table? In my case, I do not have access to create table in the base table database. Still the job is running successfully.

Regards,
Vipin
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I guess keshav0307 read the section in the Parallel Job Advanced Developer's Guide that refers to environment variables, in particular the discussion of the APT_TERA_SYNC_DATABASE.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vgaindhar
Participant

Post by vgaindhar »

The problem is resolved. IF an existing terasync table is there in source table database, the override does not seem to work. I dropped the table from source table database, then override was working fine.
Regards,
Vipin