Change Capture stage question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

splayer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Change Capture stage question

Post by splayer »

To start off with, I went through pretty much all related questions posted in this forum. I have 2 sequential source files, connected to 2 sort stages which go to a change capture stage. The output of the change capture stage is the final sequential stage output file. I also have RCP disabled at project level.

In the Input tab, I have Partition type as Same. Under Sorting, I have Perform Sort checked. The 4 sorting keys are the same as the change capture stage. The above is true for the 2 sort stages and the change capture stage. I get the following errors:
1)
Change_Capture: When checking operator: User inserted sort "Change_Capture.DSLink19_Sort" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "Change_Capture"

2)
Change_Capture: When checking operator: Defaulting "MTYPE" in transfer from "beforeRec" to "outputRec".

I would appreciate any help.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Change the ChangeCapture into Join-Transformer. :wink:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

Remove teh sorting stage, sort and hash partition at the input at Change capture stage. Make sure the partition ans sorting key are same and same order.