Datatype Conversion Warning.....from StringToDate

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajmore
Participant

Datatype Conversion Warning.....from StringToDate

Post by ajmore »

Hi :) ,
I am getting Following warning while converting data in string format to date

Transformer :Conversion error calling conversion routine date_from_string data may be lost

The String Length is 8(e.g. 20341221),and I used the StingToDate function and got the output 2034-12-21 but with warnings...
What should be the appropiate Date datatype Length and how i can suppress above warning?? :shock:
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Can you post the exact derivation from the Transformer stage you have used? It should be

Code: Select all

StringToDate(InputLink.Column, "%yyyy%mm%dd")
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
ajmore
Participant

Post by ajmore »

kris007 wrote:Can you post the exact derivation from the Transformer stage you have used? It should be

Code: Select all

StringToDate(InputLink.Column, "%yyyy%mm%dd")
Thanks for quick response..."Kris007"
I used the following derivation
StringToDate(DDate [1,4] : "-" : DDate [5,2] :"-" : DDate [7,2],"%yyyy-%mm-%dd")
i actually want Date in dd-mm-yyyy format can anyone specify the derivation
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Dates aren't "in" any particular kind of format. It's only when they are converted to string that format becomes important. Having created a date, as in this thread, you can then apply a DateToString() function and specify an explicit date picture such as "%dd-%mm-%yyyy".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
keshav0307
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by keshav0307 »

i have same problem when we upgrade to version 7.5.2 , it was not a problem in 7.5.1. check some records may not be convertible to date.
you can try this:
if DDate<19000000 then '1900-01-01' else StringToDate(InputLink.Column, "%yyyy%mm%dd")
[/quote]