Transformer between Dataset and Multiload

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gsherry1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Transformer between Dataset and Multiload

Post by gsherry1 »

Hello Forum,

If my dataset has all the transformation already necessary to meeting my loading requirements, is there any advantage of placing a dummy transformer between the Dataset and TDML stages.

For example,

DS-->T-->TDML

Versus

DS-->TDML

Any performance and/or reject handling differences?

Thanks in advance.

Greg
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No advantage whatsoever. A Copy stage would be much less impact as a placeholder, and also give you the ability to suck out a few rows (for audit/sampling) to a second output link. Indeed, if it's a straight through copy, the Copy stage is likely to be "optimized out" when the job is compiled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

However, If need to have a reject handling based on the given business logic even in future, you can add a transformer. If there is no functionality required, its better to remove, because it will always consume its own resource.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'