partial schema

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

legendkiller
Participant

partial schema

Post by legendkiller »

hi...

i am reading a file using schema file....if I have schema file having columns say A,B,C and acutal data in file contain only two columns.....then is it possible to read that data file.....

IS RCP or partial schema property is useful for above step

thanks in advance
LK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. RCP handles missing metadata, not missing data. You need to specify a default value in the column metadata to handle the situation you described.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
legendkiller
Participant

Post by legendkiller »

ray.wurlod wrote:No. RCP handles missing metadata, not missing data. You need to specify a default value in the column metadata to handle the situation you described. ...
Thanks ray,

I also want to know whether it is possible to decribe partial schema and read the file with above case.

Thanks and regards
LK
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

I think it will throw a warning saying too many columns in record, but yes you read the record.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

To put that another way, DataStage must be able to construct the full schema from somewhere - whether internal metadata or an external schema file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.