Need Error Message Help

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

whenry6000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need Error Message Help

Post by whenry6000 »

I am having trouble deciphering an error message I'm receiving in a parallel job. The job has an inner join stage with two Oracle stages as the sources for the join. The first Database stage ahs a simple SQL select as the data source. The second stage has the following:
SELECT
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Event_Participant_ID ,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Monitored_Leg_ID,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.On_Board_Status ,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Armed_Status ,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Confirmation_Call_Attempts,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Confirmation_Call_Success ,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Last_Confirmation_Call_Status
FROM EVENT_PARTICIPANT, EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG , MONITORED_LEG
WHERE
EVENT_PARTICIPANT.ID=EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.EVENT_PARTICIPANT_ID AND EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.MONITORED_LEG_ID=MONITORED_LEG.ID AND
MONITORED_LEG.DEPARTURE_DATE>= #$date_last_updated#

When I run the job, I get the following message:

main_program: Data set, file set, or file "DBS_EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED:lnk_Evt_Participant_Monitored.v": Non-pipe (or non-virtual data set) with .v in its name [sil\step_il.C:8454]
Data set, file set, or file "DBS_EVENT_PARTICIPANT:lnk_Evt_Participant.v": Non-pipe (or non-virtual data set) with .v in its name [sil\step_il.C:8454]

The thing is, I am not finding ".v" anywhere in the job. lnk_Evt_Particiapnt_Monitored is the name of the link coming out of the database stage to the join.
Anyone have any clue as to what this means??
Thanks!
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
Can you check whether you have passed value to the job parameter:#$date_last_updated#.
And can you do a search on "Non-pipe (or non-virtual data set) " in the forum, we have few posts discussed on this error.
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Check if you are using all the correct parameters within the OCI stage and also check if they are defined in the Job properties. Also, delete the link and create a new link and see if it helps. That should work.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
prabu
Participant

Re: Use Escape character

Post by prabu »

whenry6000 wrote:I am having trouble deciphering an error message I'm receiving in a parallel job. The job has an inner join stage with two Oracle stages as the sources for the join. The first Database stage ahs a simple SQL select as the data source. The second stage has the following:
SELECT
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Event_Participant_ID ,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Monitored_Leg_ID,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.On_Board_Status ,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Armed_Status ,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Confirmation_Call_Attempts,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Confirmation_Call_Success ,
EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.Last_Confirmation_Call_Status
FROM EVENT_PARTICIPANT, EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG , MONITORED_LEG
WHERE
EVENT_PARTICIPANT.ID=EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.EVENT_PARTICIPANT_ID AND EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED_LG.MONITORED_LEG_ID=MONITORED_LEG.ID AND
MONITORED_LEG.DEPARTURE_DATE>= #$date_last_updated#

When I run the job, I get the following message:

main_program: Data set, file set, or file "DBS_EVENT_PARTICIPANT_MONITORED:lnk_Evt_Participant_Monitored.v": Non-pipe (or non-virtual data set) with .v in its name [sil\step_il.C:8454]
Data set, file set, or file "DBS_EVENT_PARTICIPANT:lnk_Evt_Participant.v": Non-pipe (or non-virtual data set) with .v in its name [sil\step_il.C:8454]

The thing is, I am not finding ".v" anywhere in the job. lnk_Evt_Particiapnt_Monitored is the name of the link coming out of the database stage to the join.
Anyone have any clue as to what this means??
Thanks!
looks like a special character dichiper issue. i see there are 2 issues

a)missing quotes
b)try to use escape character. see
\
character, which is an escape character

Code: Select all

MONITORED_LEG.DEPARTURE_DATE>= '#\$date_last_updated#'
hope this will solve, your issue

regards,
Prabu[/code]
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Also check the column names you are using. if it is really due to the date parameter which i doubt, prabhu's suggestion should work fine.

Sam