Unexpected exit status 1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DS_MJ
Participant

Unexpected exit status 1

Post by DS_MJ »

Hello All:

My Environment:
Source : DB2 AIX 5.2
Target : Seq File

On Db2 some Column Names are Named as follows:
COL_ID#
NEXT_COL#

(ending with a '#')

When I do a straight map to a Seq File in the Transform I see red on column names that end with '#'. So I remove the '#' from the column name on both the sides i.e the DB2 and Seq File. (EX: Col_Name).

In the SQL use a custom query and use the "#" for the column names or else I wont be able to view the data. Am able to straight map the column. However the job fails.

When I go into the director I see the following error:
Table Name,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
Table Name,0: Output 0 produced 0 records.
Table Name,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: [IBM][CLI Driver][AS] SQL0206N "COL_ID# DSCAPIOP_" is not valid in the context where it is used. SQLSTATE=42703
SQLExecDirect: Error executing statement 'SELECT
COL_ID#DSCAPIOP_,
NEXT_COL#,
COL_NAME3
FROM ServerName.Library.Table WHERE Col_Name <> 'C'. See following DB2 message for details.
node_node1: Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: Unexpected exit status 1
Xfm_Table Name,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
Xfm_Table Name,0: Fatal Error: waitForWriteSignal(): Premature EOF on node HostNameofServer No such file or directory
In the SQL statement next to COL_ID# I see "DSCAPIOP_" Which is not in the SQL statement but gets added.

What does "DSCAPIOP_" mean? How did it get added to that column name?

I deleted the col name and rewrote the SQL the job runs then that same error comes on another table that I am trying to extract data from which has the same column naming convention. i.e. column name ending with a'#'.

So I rewrite the SQL query and run the job. The job Fails. Now the previous table where I had rewritten the SQL again has "DSCAPIOP_" added and hence the query cannot be recognized and hence fails.

But when I go to DB2 API stage and view the data am able to view the data. The Query does not have "DSCAPIOP_" in it.

Any explanation would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

Keep you Column name as
COL_ID
NEXT_COL
and in the derivation mention
COL_ID#
NEXT_COL#

in your table definitions and see how it works..And one more thing are the columns named as COL_ID#,NEXT_COL# on the DB2 database side.
DS_MJ
Participant

Post by DS_MJ »

thumsup9 wrote:Keep you Column name as
COL_ID
NEXT_COL
and in the derivation mention
COL_ID#
NEXT_COL#

in your table definitions and see how it works..And one more thing are the columns named as COL_ID#,NEXT_COL# on the DB2 database side.
Hello thumsup9

I have already done that. Yes the columns named as COL_ID#,NEXT_COL# are on the DB2 database side
Thanks in advance,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to read the DB2/UDB API Stage Guide pdf that is in your Docs directory. There is a section there that explains how to handle column names with $ or # in them.

ps. This same issue (and solution) exists for the Oracle stages.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DS_MJ
Participant

Post by DS_MJ »

I have noticed that when I "remove" the column derivations is when this error happens. When I leave the column derivations the job runs successfully.

However I need to remove the column derivations (From the DB2 API Pluggin columns) since I want to pass job parameters consisting of tables existing in different libraries(Schemas) but still run the same job.

Thanks
Thanks in advance,
DS_MJ
Participant

Post by DS_MJ »

chulett wrote:You need to read the DB2/UDB API Stage Guide pdf that is in your Docs directory. There is a section there that explains how to handle column names with $ or # in them.

ps. This same issue (and solution) exists for the Oracle stages.
Thank you all:

I was able to resolve the issue. :)
Thanks in advance,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The column derivations become the SELECT clause of the query that is generated. That's why you can have DISTINCT, SUM(), expressions and so on in the derivations.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.