Not able to fetch any record.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stiwari
Participant

Not able to fetch any record.

Post by stiwari »

Hi All,

I have created one job to load the data from source to target. When i have loaded the data from one schema(which contains 110000 records).it was working fine. But i have started loading data from other schema(which contains 120 million records), it has started fetching at good speed but after some time it was very slow.....and stoped fetching from the source. and now when i am running same job its even not fetching single record...its keep on running.

Can any one plz tell me what could be the problem.

Thanks in Advance

stiwari
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Stiwari - what is your source and what is your target? How many nodes in your configuration? When you say that no records are being read are you sure that this is not because of an inability to write - meaning change your output to be a /dev/null sequential file or a PEEK stage.
stiwari
Participant

Post by stiwari »

Arndw,

I am using source and target as DB2, Number of nodes are 4.
I have tried with Sequential file instead of using Target table but my job keeps on running and not fetching any record.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

So now you know the problem is the READ. What read method are you using? What happens if you go to single node? Is your DB/2 database partitioned?
stiwari
Participant

Post by stiwari »

Hi,

I am using User defined SQL as read method....yes, DB2 database is partitioned......and i have also tried with one node, facing the same problem.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

And if you do a command line "db2 connect..." "db2 set schema..." and then "db2 {yoursqlquery}" does it work and return results?
clickart
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by clickart »

Are you only migrating data from source to target i.e. without any lookups or joins with other tables or transformers? or any other stages?
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Not able to fetch any record.

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

stiwari wrote:Hi All,

I have created one job to load the data from source to target. When i have loaded the data from one schema(which contains 110000 records).it was working fine. But i have started loading data from other schema(which contains 120 million records), it has started fetching at good speed but after some time it was very slow.....and stoped fetching from the source. and now when i am running same job its even not fetching single record...its keep on running.

Can any one plz tell me what could be the problem.

Thanks in Advance

stiwari
Are you using DB2 bulk loader for this? your job is slowing down as it has many warnings attached to it. the more records you feed to the job without resolving the warnings the more time it will take to finish.

basically it logs atll the warnings in the file you have specified in DB2 bulk load "Local message file name" parameter. try and read the file. resolve all warnings.