Job Control Language Reference?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krystlecsy
Participant

Job Control Language Reference?

Post by krystlecsy »

Hi all,

I have always wonder how does people know what are the syntax and detailed description of all the commands in the Job Control tab. Eg. DMGetParam, DSLogInfo, DSLogFatal. There has to be some reference somewhere. Even for all programming languages, there has been references online on the syntax and what it does. I tried looking at the Help in DataStage but no such thing.

Can someone please share this document? Thanks a lot!!
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Re: Job Control Language Reference?

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Job Control is actually DS Server functionality. You find a detailed description partly in online help and full description in the "Server Job Developer's Guide", chapter "BASIC Programming".

This guide is part of your standard DS docu automatically installed when you install DS clients.

All functions described there starting with DS.... are DS specific BASIC functions most usefull in job control coding.

Best regards
Klaus
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They also exist in on-line help. Open the Index and type in DSG and you'll be right where you need to be.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

There are lots of examples on this site and on my tips page or on the other link below my signature.
Mamu Kim
krystlecsy
Participant

Post by krystlecsy »

Thank you all..... :D