Complete cleanout of a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

data_whs_team
Charter Member
Charter Member

Complete cleanout of a job

Post by data_whs_team »

How does one go about cleaning out every last shred of evidence of a DS job? I'm sleuthing an abend and I'd like to recreate this job from the ground up with no evidence it ever existed.

Thank you
prabu
Participant

Re: Complete cleanout of a job

Post by prabu »

data_whs_team wrote:How does one go about cleaning out every last shred of evidence of a DS job? I'm sleuthing an abend and I'd like to recreate this job from the ground up with no evidence it ever existed.

Thank you
This is supposed to be done by DataStage[or any other tool for that matter, say oracle] to clear up the dependents.

On the lighter side, Try

Code: Select all

Uninstall & maybe, format drive 
:lol: :wink: :wink:
data_whs_team
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by data_whs_team »

I'm getting an error indicating DataStage thinks the job is still abended when it really isn't. I thought if someone had a set of sqls I could run them in Administrator Command, then I could do a thorough cleanout.
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

hi,
What is the exact error you are getting?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

data_whs_team wrote:I thought if someone had a set of sqls I could run them in Administrator Command, then I could do a thorough cleanout.
Dangerous and shouldn't be the initial approach to take. All you should have to do for a 'thorough cleanout' of the job is delete it.

If something very unusual happens with that and you are left with remnants of the job around, then perhaps individual sqls (or the use of the DS.TOOLS menu) would clear it up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They've taken the option to check for orphans out of DS.TOOLS in recent releases. However, the command is still there. From memory it is either DS.CHECKER or DSR.CHECKER. Execute from the Administrator client Command window when you have exclusive access to the project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.