is there any easy way of replacing basic transformers with..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mctny
Charter Member
Charter Member

is there any easy way of replacing basic transformers with..

Post by mctny »

Helloo everybody,

we have alot of parallel jobs that has basic transformers in it and also read and write to the same table in the same job and those basic transformers are causing problems all the time in development and test environment, I would like to replace all the basic transformers with the regular ones, as IBM doesnot advice to use basic transformers in parallel jobs.

is there any easy way to replace them with the regular ones, for example is it possible to export the job in xml format and modify the code and import the job by using modified xml file? or any other idess?
Thanks,
Chad

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.

The language is different, the logic is different, and parallel Transformer stage does not support reference inputs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think you could write a server transformer to parallel transformer function that alters the export file.
Maybe as a search and replace macro in a text editing tool. You will need to build a simple job with a server routine, export it, replace it with a parallel routine, export it. Compare the files using a text file compare utility. Determine what you want to programmatically convert across, ie find out what functions you use a lot and what parallel functions they map to. Remember that any mapping code that you leave in there that is not valid in a parallel transformer will just show up as invalid red text and not do any real harm. You will just need to fix it when the post-conversion jobs are reviewed. As long as you get the core transformer conversion right the contents inside the derivation boxes are not a big deal and wont corrupt the job.

I would abandon all customer server routines and just map the field and make a note of it. Custom server routines will have to be handled on a case by case basis.[/img]