Call a shell script in datastage job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

this_is_venki
Participant

Call a shell script in datastage job

Post by this_is_venki »

Hi,
I want to get trasnferred multiple zip files from remote location.
So I am calling a shell script which is having certain unix commands to execute the same. how can it be done in Datastage7.5?

Or is there any other efiecient way to do it?
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

One way would be to use before/after job subroutine using ExecSH option or use ExecCommand activity in the job sequence.
prabu
Participant

Re: Call a shell script in datastage job

Post by prabu »

this_is_venki wrote:Hi,
I want to get trasnferred multiple zip files from remote location.
So I am calling a shell script which is having certain unix commands to execute the same. how can it be done in Datastage7.5?

Or is there any other efiecient way to do it?
Please use FTP satge, if you mean transfer as 'Ftp'ing
this_is_venki
Participant

Post by this_is_venki »

I tried to use FTP plug-in stage but later i came to know it trasnfers data of the file rather than transferring the file.
Please send me detail property setting for FTP plug-in stage if it is possible to transfer the file (but i couldn't through it).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

prabhu wrote:

Please use FTP satge, if you mean transfer as 'Ftp'ing
thumsup9
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by thumsup9 »

What do you mean by transferring data and not file. You have to mention the destination filename in FTP stage and your source file gets in there.Are you trying to delete your source file once FTP is done?
this_is_venki
Participant

Post by this_is_venki »

what I mean to say is when I tried with FTP plug-in Stage, I needed to mention all the column name for the output link but i have the files in zip format. So I think file cann't be read until it gets unzipped.

Morever according to my perception FTP plug-in stage doesn't copy the file rather transfers the data like we load data from one table to another table. So in case of FTP, files are two different tables. But my basic need is copying the file not retrieving data & loading it into another file.
Becase it is in zip format & cann't be read until it gets unzipped.

May be I get wrong perception about the stage if it possible please send me detail poperty setting of the stage.

Thanks,
Venky
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You are correct to assert that the FTP stage is not equipped to unzip / uncompress compressed files.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.