Parallel job is compiled but not running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinay_renu2001
Participant

Parallel job is compiled but not running

Post by vinay_renu2001 »

Hi All,

I am running a parallel job "X" from a sequence "SEQ1". This sequence (SEQ1) is needed to run from another sequence (SEQ2). This SEQ1 is a common sequence need to run 11 times in SEQ2.

I enabled "allow multiple instance" check box in the job properties to the SEQ1 in the job properties. So when i dragged into the SEQ2, it is getting its own invocation id with its link name which is connecting to it.

I also enabled "allow multiple instances" check box in the job "X" as well.

When iam running job "X" indenpendently it is running fine. And also when i run SEQ1 indenpendently with the job "X" in it, it is running fine too..

But, When is run the SEQ1 in SEQ2, ----SEQ1 is getting aborted, this is getting aborted because of the job "X".

Below is the error message that i captured form the director:

SEQ1.Invocationid.JobControl (@X): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(X), code=-2
[Job is not in the right state (compiled and not running)]

Some times, while iam testing the SEQ2, Job "X" is getting locked.

Any suggesstions?? :(
Thanks and Regards
Vin
kris007
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kris007 »

Looks to me that you are running the same instance of Job X everytime.
It's pretty simple.
When you are dragging and placing all 11 SEQ1 jobs in SEQ2, all the SEQ1 jobs have their own invocation id's(in yourcase their seperate links), but all these SEQ1 jobs are trying to run the same Job X i.e. JOB X with the same invocation Id and that is the reason why your Job X is getting locked. Try passing the invocation Id to Job X as a parameter and take it on from there.

IHTH.
Kris

Where's the "Any" key?-Homer Simpson
vinay_renu2001
Participant

Post by vinay_renu2001 »

Thanks Kris..

I think you are right.

I just enabled "allow multile isntance" check box for the jox "X". But i ignored the invocation id what it is getting.

Thanks for your suggesstion again.

In connection to my yesterdays post regarding the patch for the ds cleint, I opened a ticket with IBM for the patch. But till now they did not turn back yet as they are still not able to find the patch in their database.

I expalined in detail to him that this is a known issue and i gave him the .dll file name(I searched in the forum, i found your previous thread about this issue).

But, to find it, he needs the case number it seems. He asked me the case number if i know.

Thats how its going onn as of now..

Anyway, Thanks for your help once again... :)
Thanks and Regards
Vin