dsjob -logsum -type -INFO -max 50

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajngt
Participant

dsjob -logsum -type -INFO -max 50

Post by rajngt »

Hi group,

dsjob -logsum -type -INFO -max 50 $PROJ $JOB

The above command is providing log info of current run as well as previous run. Is there any way to get only the current run info details???

kindly reply as early as possible

Thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, not using just one command. You can use the "dsjob -lognewest STARTED" to get the event id and the "dsjob -logdetail" to get the entries in the event id range of the last job run.
rajngt
Participant

Post by rajngt »

This command works fine, when i am using it after completion of job and it gives me newest event id for next run. But i also need start event id of current run. How to get it?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The easiest solution call up the command before starting your current run so you have the start number of the previous one. This would be the easiest solution. The other ones all involve writing some code either in your shell to use dsjob -logdetail and looping through all the entries.
rajngt
Participant

Post by rajngt »

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your reply.
I believe we will not be able to execute '-LogNewest' command before executing job execution command 'dsjob -run'. I tried with this option but it is firing an error saying it cann't find 'Erro:Newest ID'. Could you please suggest me an way to achieve job start event id. Waiting for your earliest reply.

Thanks & regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you explain your lognewest error, it sounds like a jobrun syntax error. You can use the dsjob -logdetail to get details for a given event id and can loop through all events in a loop looking for a job start. Event IDs are numeric and older entries have lower numbers.