Universe command line -case change..

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prabu
Participant

Universe command line -case change..

Post by prabu »

Hi Datastage folks,

hope you all do great!

whenever i try to copy paste some commands in Universe it is auto-converting it to the opposite case. [lower to upper and vice-versa]. any reasons for this strange behaviour. i manually change the case to lower and then paste it. it is painful .

questions are:-

1)any way to shut up the universe to do this unwanted case-conversion?
:twisted:
2)why did it do it in the first place?? :roll:

please thow some light!

regards,
Prabu
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

UniVerse is one of those older products that was initially designed with uppercase only. You can switch around the case changing using the command "PTERM CASE NOINVERT" and turn it back on with "PTERM CASE INVERT". I use this for cut-and-pasting as well. Remember that the command line is case sensitive and it does want uppercase commands and keywords.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The terminals that were around when UniVerse first appeared didn't even have lower case.

The behaviour is preserved for "backwards compatibility", one of the mantras of Jim Todhunter (one of the developers of UniVerse). Therefore it is not "unwarranted".

You can add the command to disable case inversion into your project's LOGIN paragraph if desired. But you'll be using the Shift key just as much because most of the object names and commands in UniVerse are upper case.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prabu
Participant

Post by prabu »

ArndW wrote:UniVerse is one of those older products that was initially designed with uppercase only. You can switch around the case changing using the command "PTERM CASE NOINVERT" and turn it back on with "PTERM ...
Eureka! it works great

Code: Select all

HELP PTERM 
gave me all

thanks ArndW and Ray!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

PTERM has a silent P, as in swimming. :lol:
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

'as in swimming'? :roll:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Think about it. Say it.

But don't do it, at least not in my pool. :roll:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I wasn't implying I didn't understand what you meant. Just rolling my eyes at the early morning groaner. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers