Calling OSH scripts from DataStage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_is_fun
Premium Member
Premium Member

Calling OSH scripts from DataStage

Post by ds_is_fun »

How could I call an OSH script from DataStage? Thx
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

As I understand it, you can run any Unix command from within DataStage, that would include an OSH script. An OSH script is a stand-alone process. If it can be run from the command line, it can be run from DataStage.

Now, I have not created any jobs that call Unix programs, so you will need to rely on someone else for the inevitable 'How To' question. :)

Brad.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The easiest method would be to use an Execute Command activity in a job sequence.

You almost certainly do not want to call an osh script from within a job stream, because the script would then need to be invoked, start up, execute and finish for every row processed by that job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

ray.wurlod wrote: You almost certainly do not want to call an osh script from within a job stream, because the script would then need to be invoked, start up, execute and finish for every row processed by that job.
Good point. What Ray say.