could not able to do in flat file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaya
Participant

could not able to do in flat file

Post by vijaya »

hi,

i could able to do process with fixed length records but not wit variable length please let me knw how to do it.

byeeee
vijaya
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: could not able to do in flat file

Post by balajisr »

vijaya wrote:hi,

i could able to do process with fixed length records but not wit variable length please let me knw how to do it.

byeeee
vijaya
Can you post the error message you received?
vijaya
Participant

i am not able to get in order

Post by vijaya »

i am not getting any error while doing itself in the preview i could not able to get columns in correct order
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Did you specify the delimiter correctly?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As spotted by baliji, if it a variable length file, it should be delimited. Where as fixed width doesnt require any.
In PX, warning will appear if you specify the delimiter with short length. So check whether you have specifed the right delimiter and length for each column.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Kumar,

This is not related to the topic.

Your posts count in this page and the one in the home page's Top 10 poster's list differs. Which one of them is correct?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Aha... When we delete the a post created by us, it really doesnt reflect in home page. The count remain the same. But gets reflected in this page. :wink:
At times i ll find, a post with an answere from some one else, before mine in just a mater of seconds or minutes. So I use to delete those post, but not now a days. :wink:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'