Lookup Error Failed to match node

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nekkalapudi
Participant

Lookup Error Failed to match node

Post by nekkalapudi »

Hi,

Created and used Lookup fileset using same configuration file:
Failed to match node node2 (fastname colo-ascential-01) for LUT Fileset /opt/ds/dsdata/DEV/filesets/invmstr_lkup.fs

Checked the forum and tried setting Preserve Partition flag to Clear.
Still it's not working.

any one have some info...

Thanks
Omkar
dsdesigner
Participant

Post by dsdesigner »

Is your node 2 working properly? I remember once when we had this issue, we were told it was because of a problem with the node and it had to be removed from the config file node pool. Creating a new config by eliminating this node got rid of the problem. i think it's worth a try.

HTH.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What is the partition used while creating the lookup fileset and what is used while doing a lookup?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Given that the original post specified "same configuration file" I guess the question is whether the job that populated the Lookup File Set used the default node pool or was constrained to operate in a particular node pool at that time.

However, it's much more likely that there is a problem with node #2 (which, remember, is the third processing node named in the configuration file; numbering is zero-based).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check whether the file is been written under each node pool.
Try to recreate with another set of config file and try to do a lookup.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
nekkalapudi
Participant

Post by nekkalapudi »

kumar_s wrote:Check whether the file is been written under each node pool.
Try to recreate with another set of config file and try to do a lookup.
Hi All,

Sorry for the late follow up.
I checked all the conditions and recreated the new file set and used. Still has the same problem. Did more investigation; actually I am doing aggregation before lookup and feeding the output of aggregation to lookup stage. Before aggregation the data was hashed and partitioned. This was causing problem. Resolved issue by setting aggregator stage preserves partition value to clear.
Thanks for your time and advice.
Omkar